Our brand is an iconic Tasmanian brand, providing a range of products and services. Whether it’s getting a customer back on the road, repairing their house or sending them off on a holiday, our vision is focused on enhancing life in Tasmania.
RACT is a people-based business. We employ staff in locations throughout Tasmania to fill a diverse range of positions from automotive, call centre, finance and administration, travel, customer service, professional and managerial roles.
We’re known for our friendly and helpful assistance with the people that matter the most – our customers, members and our stakeholders in the community.
How we go about our day-to-day work leaves a lasting impression on the people with whom we interact. This applies equally to our friends and colleagues at RACT.
So when we are recruiting people to join our team, we are seeking those who have the personal values, motivation and vibrancy to support us in making this part of the way we do things every day at the RACT.
Chef de Partie - Cradle Mountain Hotel - Full Time
This hands-on Chef de Partie role will see the successful applicant working closely with the Head Chef in supporting the day to day operations of the kitchen to ensure the consistency and high quality meals that exceed our members' and guest's expectations.
To succeed in this role you must be resilient and flexible with a positive can-do attitude to meet the demands of this fast paced and extremely busy and challenging environment.
- Prepare high quality meals to the standards expected of the property and ensure consistency over time
- Assist senior Chefs to generate ideas or creative alternatives, and be able to adapt to trends which will increase business performance
- Assist the Head Chef and other Chefs as required
- Adhere to HACCP standards and to follow company policies and procedures
- Actively contribute to a vibrant, collaborative team focused environment
- You must familiarise yourself with RACT’s WH&S management system and ensure compliance within your work area to operate with a safety focus at all times
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- An ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of kitchen operations and the ability to switch between stations
- Experience in a la carte preparation
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, dealing with a high volume of covers in short periods of time
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Effective leadership skills and time management skills
- Minimum Cert III in Commercial Cookery
- A passion for food and flair for creativity
- Highly motivation with a collaborative style
For further enquiries please contact Jane Thiessen on 03 6236 4334 - to apply send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 12th January 2015.
Food & Beverage Supervisor - Strahan Village
This exciting full time supervisory position will coach and mentor a fantastic team to ensure the consistently smooth delivery of the bar, bottleshop and gaming activities at Hamers Hotel.
- 1 + year Supervisory experience in a Hotel F&B environment
- RSA & RSG licence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills and a positive can do attitude
- Experience in training and mentoring staff
- The ability to work in and contribute to a positive team environment
- A flexible approach to shift work
- Excellent wine knowledge
- A positive attitude and a focus on service excellence
- Actively contribute to a vibrant, collaborative team focused environment.
To apply, send your application to email@example.com
For further enquiries please contact Jane Thiessen on 03 6236 4334
Join our team of hospitality superstars
What could be better than spending this summer working in one of Tasmania's iconic natural locations as part of a fantastic, customer focused team?
With great staff benefits including subsidised accommodation on offer you'll save money and at the same time enrich your hospitality career.
We've got a broad range of seasonal opportunities including:
- Food and Beverage Attendants
- Kitchen Assistants
Start in October and November through to May 2015.
Cradle Mountain Hotel: is a stylish, four-star wilderness hotel, located at the northern boundary of Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park and is set in the pristine wilderness, near Cradle Mountain National Park, just 2 hours west of Launceston and 4 hours from Hobart. To find out more, visit the website
Freycinet Lodge: is an award winning luxury eco lodge with 60 cabins, which offers an intimate connection with the scenic environment of Freycinet National park. Career seeking hospitality and tourism professionals are truly valued at Freycinet where service is what has our guests returning time and time again. Freycinet Lodge overlooks the endless blue waters of Great Oyster Bay and with the rugged beauty of the Hazards range as its backdrop. Freycinet is based on the East Coast of Tasmania a 5 minute drive from the holiday town of Coles Bay and 2.4 hours drive (195km) from both Hobart in the South of the state and Launceston in the North. To find out more, visit the website
Strahan Village: Strahan is a picturesque Tasmanian waterfront town with an abundance of character and a variety of stories to tell of the West Coast's pioneering days. Strahan is 2 hours south from Burnie and 4.5 hours from Hobart. With 5 food and beverage outlets, 142 guest rooms, conference and banquets facilities, a maintenance department and retail facilities not to mention the award winning Gordon River Cruise, we guarantee a position here will keep you busy and engaged.
To apply submit a cover page and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact Jane Thiessen on ph: (03) 6236 4334.
Experienced Travel Consultants - RACT Travel
RACT Travel has positions available for experienced Travel Consultants in our branch network statewide. If you would like to join our dynamic, innovative travel team, please phone Christine Benbow on (03) 6236 4321 or email email@example.com any time to discuss current opportunities, or request a position description.